Monday, February 1, 2010

And I spose that means we're back to school..

Well, since thursday I am officially back at school - the reason why I haven't been able to do any posts! It's so bizarre to be almost at the top of the school and to be considered as a scary year level - I can't seem to fathom how the year 7's could possibly look at me and be scared! I could blend in with the year 7s, what with me being just about as small (haha). Okay, maybe not exactly but still, I probably could blend in a little.. :)


So, just an update on my art that I have planned for this term/semester so far .. :)
Bea and another friend of mine from school will be my models/'muses' if you like and my folio will be inspired by fairytales - particularly Disney movies and Annie Leibovitz's amazing photography! I have already decorated a double spread of my Art workbook with Annie Leibovitz's photos such as the photo I posted last time of Snow White, plus a couple of photos from the Vogue shoot of the Wizard of Oz featuring Keira Knightley and then the photos inspired by Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella :)
So, the idea is that the girls will let me dress them/make them up to look like fairytale princesses and hopefully we'll find a prince :)


The picture above is my very first watercolour I EVER did - and it turned out quite well, particularly for a first official painting! I think this first painting started a bit of a chain reactions within my art - fashion and Vogue seem to have become my main source of inspiration since then :) Plus, Natalia Vodianova looks gorgeous in this shoot!


¤ Sar  x


P.S The photo of Natalia Vodianova was originally in black and white :)

2 comments:

  1. Sarah...you have an obvious feel and eye for what the phtographer wants to capture...sending you a link I think you will find interesting.....Remember Marie Antoinette...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNyIUlra9LU

    Perhaps you will find this interesting..
    All the best
    Regards
    Love
    Susanxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, two of my favourite things in one: Annie Leibovitz and Marie Antoinette!

    ReplyDelete