Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My day at the tennis

Today, as I mentioned in my last post, I went to the tennis with a friend of mine! It was supposed to be 23 degrees in Melbourne so I brought along an extra layer with me - it was particularly cold this morning! So, I was expecting a chilly, Melbourne day at the tennis .. however, it turned out to be quite a nice, warm day, and my extra top was only needed in the morning on our way Melbourne Park. How typical of Melbourne weather to change its mind!
So, I got burnt.. and the worst part is, I was wearing a bangle on my arm and now it still looks like I'm wearing one (haha). And my nose is burnt. But, on the bright side, I got to see a bit of Monfils playing which was grand, I tell you(!!), and I also got to watch a bit of Tommy Haas :) which was also grand! It was nice to just get a sense of the atmosphere :)
You have no idea how much I am looking forward to doing art this year! I am telling you, I can not wait one second. This year should be a good one at school and I'm excited about all my subjects, but at the same time, it's a bit scary! I really need to work on my art and drawing skills.. I am sure they're very rusty due to my break. I did a painting for my mum's christmas present and initially wanted to do a portrait for her but, because I've been out of practice, I couldn't get it right! So, instead I did a watercolour of Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly at the start of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" when she's looking in at the windows of Tiffany's, eating her breakfast in a long black gown with long black gloves.

I shall leave you with the cutest little poem I found on Polyvore:
everyone wants to be happy
nobody wants pain
but you can't make a rainbow
without a little rain




¤  Sar  x



4 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous little poem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes Sarah...I remember watching Monfils play Bagdatis...spelling on that? in 2006. Monfils has rubber legs! haha. Glad you like the tennis and my favorite female player was Amelie Mauresmo. She retired last year unfortunately....so I am only half into it , the only exception is R Nadel!!!!!
    I love the idea of you getting into your painting this year...so much you can express. When we get the chance would love you to visit me here at home in Carlton and can show you a few books of mine.
    And on that quote...SO TRUE!
    You are a Wise young woman...I do congratulate you and know you will have a great year ahead.Love your Blog page so keep up the good work.
    Love Susan/Bellocchioxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baghdatis was playing yesterday but unfortunately I think he was playing a bit later :( He would have been good to watch .. But, yes! Monfils is soo good :) I watched him for the first time this time last year - he was playing someone Spanish but I can't really remember.
    I'm looking forward to properly watching one of Federer's matches!
    Thank you, Susan! I can't wait to get back into it!
    It is a good quote :) thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete